Laserfiche Records ManagementRecords management is the systematic process of managing the creation, retrieval, storage, and disposal of digital and physical records throughout their life cycle. Typically, records management is driven by a need to conform to specific regulations set in place by a governing body. In order to comply with regulations and minimize risk, records must be strictly managed. This is where the records manager comes in—it is the records manager’s job to ensure that records are handled according to regulations. Any user who is assigned the Records Management privilege is considered a records manager in Laserfiche.
There are four basic components to consider when managing records:
- Regulatory compliance
- Organizing active records
- Handling inactive records
- Maintaining vital record
Why Records ManagementEffective records management serves a variety of purposes and can benefit your organization in several ways:
- Increases the efficiency of locating records via records management searches.
- Identifies permanent records and vital records.
- Makes certain that record-keeping practices fulfill legislative and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Makes sure records are available if requested by judicial orders.
- Ensures records are available for an appropriate amount of time.
- Ensures records are made read-only as appropriate.